|Longo Family Orthodontics|
|Job Title of Open Position|
|Description – Orthodontic Assistant – Longo Family Orthodontics in Kearney, NE|
The Orthodontic Assistant will prepare the patient for treatment, assist the orthodontist in performing treatment to the patient, prepare materials and equipment for treatment and use by orthodontist, and assist orthodontist with laboratory work.
All job duties shall be performed in accordance with the American Dental Association (ADA) and American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) requirements for personal care.
Additional job duties for the Orthodontic Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Greet patients in waiting area and escort patients to the operatory.
2. Assist the orthodontist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the orthodontist.
3. Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
4. Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the orthodontist.
5. Stock operatories and maintain clinical supply inventory.
6. Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
7. Supervise preventive maintenance of dental equipment.
8. Keep a running list of dental/ orthodontic supplies needed.
9. Assist the Office Manager with appointment reminder telephone calls and new patient paperwork when needed.