|SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists the Dentist(s) and Dental Hygienist(s) in procedures and works as a productive team member.
• Prepare, clean and set up operatories for patient appointments.
• Registers patients for appointments in the computer.
• Takes necessary documentation for accurate billing.
• Maintains accurate files for patients and for quality control.
• Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
• Asking about the patient’s medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse.
• Responsible for preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
• Creating a comfortable environment for all patients.
• Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
• Responsible for learning and performing a variety of dental assistant duties per Provider’s workflow and practice preferences.
• Communication with patients and suppliers.
• Other duties as assigned.